Takai Rika here 🎠
As was announced,
the cancellation of Hinata Fes 2026 has been announced.
To all the staff members
who spent such a long time preparing so much for this festival,
to everyone in Miyazaki
who came up with so many collaborations and projects, and worked wholeheartedly to make Hinata Fes as exciting as possible,
and to all Ohisamas
who had been looking forward to it so much and were planning to take time out of their busy lives to come and see us
I’m truly filled with feelings of disappointment and frustration.
I really wanted to share the best possible ending to this summer with everyone in Miyazaki.
Although the event has been cancelled, that doesn’t mean all the time we’ve spent building up to this together simply disappears.
We went through countless rehearsals, created the performances and attractions we had planned from scratch, came up with collaborative food products, and made all kinds of preparations so that everyone could enjoy themselves.
“What kind of reactions will the fans have, I wonder?”
“Will they be happy when they see this? ( .ˬ. )”
Even the time we spent preparing while imagining all of you is, to me, a precious memory.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to actually share these things with you as we had hoped. But I truly believe that the time we spent together, working toward creating something as one, was never wasted. It is something irreplaceable.
Because this was caused by the weather, I know that no one is to blame, and I understand that, when it comes to everyone's safety, it simply couldn't be helped.
Even so, I just can't make the feeling of wanting to see all of you go away.
The more time and effort we put into preparing, and the more we had been looking forward to it, the more disappointing and frustrating it feels.
For us in the 5th Gens, this year Hinata Fes was going to be our first time taking part.
We had been eagerly looking forward to it, watching footage of our seniors' performances from past festivals and videos of the parades. Since it's different from an ordinary live concert, there were special festival-exclusive elements and surprises, and I was really looking forward to showing them all to you.
Because this would have been our very first Hinata Fes, we wanted to create once-in-a-lifetime memories that could only be made in that place. Not only for ourselves, but also for everyone who supports us. That's why I can't help but feel disappointed that things turned out this way.
I'm sure many of our fans are feeling just as disappointed as we are, perhaps even more so. I think it's okay to feel upset as much as you need to right now. It's only natural to have feelings that you can't fully process.
But I believe that someday, we will be able to meet again in Miyazaki.

Comments
Post a Comment